Monday, May 9, 2011

Learn And Live !

I've been thinking about this uncontrollable passion I have for learning.  I received a beautiful Book from the Kauffman Foundation in KC, of which I'm a Subscriber, and on the front cover there is a profound quote:

"Every day you may make progress....Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path.  You know you will never get to the end of the journey.  But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb."    - Winston Churchill

Wow !!!

In my "in progress" book, "Taking it to the Max", I take the reader on a journey, the "Hero's Quest".  I make an assumption that we are born into a Rat Maze, with unique characteristics.  And it's in our DNA to find the cheese.  Especially since we're a hungry lot.  

I further compare our journey through the Maze, to travailing, if not flailing along the "Hero's Quest", or Journey.  

And, having spent 30 years in the motion picture biz with some of the most high profile and Academy Award winning actors & Producer/Directors, I go a step farther, and make an assumption that we are all PRODUCERS.  We're also actors, writers, directors, costumers, cinematographers, etc.  We write our own stories, create our own characters, decide our own plot line, make our own choices, overcome our obstacles, help others get to the cheese, and kiss the girl!

Pretty cool, huh?  And the best part is, that "Taking it to the Max" coaches all of us to Happy Endings!  No, not that kind.

So, for now go to:   http://bit.ly/ltYqHI     and find out about the beginning of the book.

Enjoy, 

max

No comments:

Post a Comment